Sunday 8 February 2015

'It's time dwarfs stopped demeaning themselves in public' - Telegraph

I can see this persons point but at the same time I think if a person can take their individual situation and create a life out of then that's their choice... if you are out to become a respected self exclaimed person then you need to make your own path in life... as a wheelchair user people naturally pity me I don't blame them for their pitty I show them simply that I don't need it and earn their respect as a capable person and in some cases more capable than the able person who is offering me thier pitty. It's about education and showing that you can be who ever you want to be if you work hard enough. You can't ban snow White and the seven dwarfs it's a tale that's been around for years any more than you can ban the facts in history of slavery but someone who looks at some else as being different or less of a person because they don't come under the rules of normality, race or sex has an issue of thier own and that is what needs to be addressed. If you feel strong enough to prove that you are an individual that you deserve the respect of those around you then I feel you need to earn it not demand it. I don't respect able body people because they can walk I respect them on the merit of their character but I don't demand respect of people because I can't walk but I expect them to let me show them that I deserve it if they are not interested I simply let them pass on by and not give them the time of my day as that is reserved for those who deserve it. Each disability is unique to the individual but the choices we make are ours and no one should tell us what we should do with our lives... This is just my opinion and again it is mine it may not be right it may not be wrong but I feel everyone has the right to do with their life as they wish.....

from See No Bounds http://ift.tt/1zyrrUb

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment